For most families, their home is their largest financial asset, and deciding to sell it is a big decision that involves a lot of preparation and work. When you’re ready to sell it’s important to have an experienced real estate professional handle the details involved in the successful sale of a home for top dollar.
As experienced professionals who have helped many area residents sell their property, our agents know how to handle every aspect of the sales process – from strategically marketing and showcasing your home to making sure everything’s signed, sealed and delivered by the closing date.
Providing you with comprehensive, high-quality listing service is our top priority. So when you decide to sell your property, please contact us and let’s get started!
A real estate agent can help you understand everything you need to know about the home selling process. Not all real estate licensees are the same; only those who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS ® (NAR) are properly called REALTORS ® . They proudly display the REALTOR “®” trademark on their business cards and other marketing and sales literature.
REALTORS ® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS ® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reported that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR ® again.
Real estate transactions are one of the biggest financial dealings of most people’s lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $250,000. If you had a $250,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a certified professional accountant? If you had a $250,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be wise to work with a professional REALTOR ® when you are selling a home.
If you’re still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR ® , here are more reasons to use one:
- When selling your home, your REALTOR ® can give you up-to- date information on what is happening in the marketplace as well as the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
- Often, your REALTOR ® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property.
- Your REALTOR ® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. In many markets across the country, over half of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer. Your REALTOR ® acts as the marketing coordinator, distributing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR ® Code of Ethics requires REALTORS ® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
- Your REALTOR ® will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. NAR studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR ® , you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR ® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Your REALTOR ® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing – and a lot of possible pitfalls. Your REALTOR ® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
Your REALTOR ® can help close the sale of your home. Issues may arise between the initial sales agreement and closing (also called settlement or escrow), for example, unexpected repairs might be required to obtain financing or a title problem is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR ® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing.
FREE HOME EVALUATION
Want to know what your home in Warroad, Roseau, Baudette is worth? I’ll provide you with a FREE home evaluation at no obligation. Simply fill in your information below and I’ll get back to you shortly with a detailed report of comparable homes in your area that have recently sold or are currently for sale.